Breakfast at The Westgate
Breakfast is served between 8.15 to 9.15am in our dining room situated on the ground floor, this room catches the morning sun. You will find a buffet style to many items of breakfast but the traditional Full English we will take your order as with the tea and coffee and serve you at your table.
Only locally source quality ingredients are used for our breakfasts at the Westgate. Our Torquay sausages are hand-made by our local butcher in the next street, they also supply the thick-cut back bacon too! Locally sourced mushrooms, tomatoes and farm fresh eggs. We offer mixed variety of fresh sliced breads and our jams and marmalade are from renowned Tip Tree factory in Colchester.
We cook to order to ensure fresh and hot, if you require a faster service please do let us know day before so we can prepare. Fried eggs are served but sausage and bacon are grilled we offer scrambled or poached egg. At the Westgate our porridge is cooked the traditional way on the stove served with either honey or syrup if you wish.
The Buffet, do help your self
- Fruit juices
- Cereals & muesli, fruit
- Breads-Whites, Wholemeal & seeded
- Creamy or fat-free fruit yogurt
- Tip Tree jams & marmalade, honey or Marmite
- A full English breakfast or just have as you like..........
- Torquay hand-made sausage, best back bacon, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans, hash brown with scrambled, poached or fried free range eggsor
- Or if you prefer have what you like in a sandwich or on toast.
- ( vegetarian and vegan options available)
Freshly prepared specials to be order the day before
- Traditional porridge served with honey or syrup if you would like.
- Smoked salmon served with either scrambled or poached eggs on a toasted bagel.
- Continental platter assorted cheeses with deli meats and salami served with a warm petits pain roll
- If you are leaving early for work or to catch a flight or ferry you can order one of our 'grab-and-go' breakfast bags to take with you.
We will to do our best to cater for special dietary requirements including gluten, lactose & pork free, vegan or vegetarian options – but do give us a call before you arrive to make sure we understand what it is you want and have everything ready for you.
New for 2020 we are now offering our guests the choice of booking evening meal/bar foods at The Westgate.
A 1, 2 or 3 course meal in our lovely refurbished dining room or a lite bite bar snack if preferred served in the bar.Please contact us if you would like more information.